Passive split: (No latency, no re-transmitting packets…. Receive Only, can’t tell which device is sending)
.. Use 2 splits, into 2 MAX232s into 2 Serial RX on Teensy.
Serial In (From Control System)
MAX232 -> TTL Serial #1
Microcontroller (Teensy?) Echos incoming strings to output, and onto – USB for Monitoring & Manual commands on local laptop running Putty etc.
TTL Serial #2 -> MAX232
Serial Out (To Device under test – ie Projector)
- USB control includes prompt to change baud rate. Settings stored to EEPROM.
- Phoenix to Screw terminals TX/RX/GND
- Phoenix to DB9 connector adapter.
- Phoenix to RJ45 adapter
- jumpers to bypass TX / RX
- LEDs to indicate traffic on bus.
- Ethernet to remotely log
- SD Card slot to log inc Real Time Clock.
- LCD / OLED for local monitoring